Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Webspiration

This week's assignment showed me one of the best resources that we've learned in this class. I never used concept maps because I always felt that they take too much time to create. Once it's on the paper, you can't change it without it taking a lot of time. These websites are just amazing! They are also fun. I like that I was able to bring my personality into my Webspiration concept map because of the images and colors. Instead of making my map about tools, I made my map about a huge decision in my life. I am currently trying to decide which of three graduate schools I want to attend. I've been discussing my options with many people over the past couple of weeks and thought this was a great opportunity to document it all so I wouldn't forget. I shared this with my mom so she was able to see my thoughts about all of it, too. If I learn something new about a school that makes it stand out (or makes it less appealing) I can add that, too, and I won't have to adjust anything.

These tools are a great resource for making decisions, planning events, organizing ideas, etc. I will definitely use this in the future. I can use this in the professional world as an audiologist when trying to come up with a design for something or a business plan for my practice. If I end up working as an educational audiologist, I could make a concept map for teachers. The map would allow them to visualize and understand the changes that they need to make in their classrooms and the outcomes of those changes.

My concept map is an expansion of a spider map. I found a webpage created by the University of Memphis that demonstrates different types of concept maps. I think this is helpful to just see the different types because you can see how it can be applied to different ideas. It can open your mind to different ways to think and express your ideas.

Here is an example:

Here is the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment