Monday, March 1, 2010

Week VII: Digital Storytelling

I thoroughly enjoyed this week's topic of digital storytelling. Digital storytelling is the integration of music, videos/stills, with creativity to tell a story. In class, we watched a video about a love story made from scenes from World of Warcraft. When I think about all of the videos that I watch on YouTube that people take the time to put together, I do not always appreciate the amount of time that it takes. Digital I had the opportunity to use Animoto to create a 30 second video using pictures from my trip to Australia. Through this, I realized that there is power when you put pictures and music that mean something to you together. This week's class as well as our homework and presentation made me think about how much I appreciate the stories that others have to tell. Digital storytelling allows people that don't have programs on their computers to use free applications online and share their memories.

Digital storytelling is something that I can use as an audiologist because I am put instructional pictures together on how to use a hearing aid, change your environment, etc. I think it would be a creative way to educate my clients and is untraditional yet professional. I look forward to using different free applications to share stories of other clients to inspire those that are more resistant.

I perused YouTube to find a video that demonstrates how audiology has a place in digital storytelling. I found a video that uses images and short video clips to explain Central Auditory Processing Disorder. It was posted by nowtohear.com on February 22, 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment