Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week X: Tech Tools for Critical Thinking

This was a great week. We learned about a different way to organize our thoughts through concept maps. All people learn differently. That is what I really appreciate about others. Although I may make sense out of one way of doing something does not mean that someone else can understand it. So concept maps are a great tool to organize you thoughts for yourself or to show others. You can see my example of a concept map when making the decision for which graduate school to attend in my previous post. As you can see in the concept map, USF seemed like the best choice. I have actually made the decision to attend USF so it seems that it really worked out for me!

As an audiologist, I can use concept maps and other tech tools found online to help me be productive in my business. It is important to share you ideas to others when trying to build a business. If I do not own my own business at the beginning, I can make this for suggestions or a way to better my interaction with my patients. This is not a direct tool that I can use regularly, but I can definitely benefit from it.

I found another really cool tech tool online to share. It is a free tool that allows you to call this number with a memo for yourself or something else and it will send the transcription and your audio to your email. The transcription is said to be very good, too. You can also send it to others so if your phone is not web-enabled but you want to send an email, you can do so! Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment