Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week XII: Creating a Professional Web Presence

During this week's class, we talked about the importance of creating a web presence. We went on our Facebooks and discussed what we are showing to the world. Since our lives have become so public, we must make sure that we are in control of what others know about us. I, personally, have always paid attention to what image I was portraying on Facebook and Myspace. It is not always easy to realize when you have added something that is not going to be perceived as inappropriate but we must try. Most of us have a web presence but for class, we had to create a professional web presence. You can view my webpage here. This purpose of this assignment was to have a professional page online that will allow others to know about us. It includes stuff we want to share in a format that is more professional and appropriate than Facebook/Twitter/etc.

When I have my own practice, I will have a professional web presence for my business. I plan on using many tools that I have learned from this class. My application of these tools can be found in those weekly posts. I want to have a website for my practice that will inform my patients of how to contact me, what services I offer, insurances that I accept, etc. I am looking forward to creating this page and increasing business.

I found an article about creating a successful web presence for a business. It was written by Steve Strauss and posted on 4/11/2010 on USA Today. Maximizing your web presence is key to building your small business.

No comments:

Post a Comment