Friday, February 5, 2010

Week V: Media and Information Literacy

During this week, we learned about image manipulation, Photoshop, and information literacy. In the presentation that we watched, I learned about the designing and formatting of online media or presentations. I remember learning about this in high school and have tried to put it into practice in my presentations since then but a refresher is always important. We learned that not all PowerPoint templates should be used for presentations, colors must be contrasted, and if you must put text over a multi-colored background, you should insert a textbox with a single colored background.

A very useful tip that I received was to always have a link back to the homepage on every page on a website. My future practice's website will benefit from this week's lesson because it will make the website more accessible and user friendly. I plan on making the site very pleasing to look at while being informative and easy to read. Many clients may be older and using a computer may not be easy for them, therefore the most straight forward the site the better.








I searched online
to see if there was anything out there specifically for audiologists to use when it comes to websites. I found out that there was the first annual Audiology and Hearing Aid Internet Marketing Symposium last August. This is such a great resource and I plan on utilizing it when I am a professional. There was also a video that AudiologyWebsites.com has posted that is long but provides some great information about website marketing for audiologists.

No comments:

Post a Comment